44407Re: Leak in cabin headliner

  • Martin
    Aug 3, 2013
      If I recall correctly Sabre used pan head screws that might have been sheet metal screws. It might also be a good idea to add some high strength filler to the epoxy.
      I my case I elected to mount the new organizers with through bolts. the holes were drilled slightly oversized and coated with epoxy the day before installing the hardware to seal the balsa. I through bolted because the original single block for the main halyard had twisted and broken partially broken out one of the four factory screws. Since I was leading four lines through the new organizer fastened with only four fasteners I felt the loads would be higher still. Used white plastic plates that match the factory ones to hide the holes in the headliner.
      Cheers,
      Martin

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Jenkins" <kjenk3@...> wrote:

      > If you screw back into the solid epoxy plug resulting from the repair, what
      > screws do you recommend? I seem to recall somewhere seeing advice not to use
      > wood screws, but drill the epoxy and use sheet metal screws to cut threads
      > in the epoxy.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Ken
      >

      > _____