44403Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Leak in cabin headliner

    Aug 3, 2013
      Greg,

      Did you check the core?  If the bolts were leaking, then the core is wet. Although, Sabre might not have cored that area.

      Dave

      On Aug 3, 2013, at 5:21 PM, THOMPSON, GREGORY wrote:

      Turns out it was through-bolted. I rebedded with 4000 and tightened everything up. I was able to gain access to the backing nuts by lowering a section of headliner.

      Greg T

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 3, 2013, at 10:58 AM, "Ken Jenkins" <kjenk3@...> wrote:

      If you screw back into the solid epoxy plug resulting from the repair, what screws do you recommend? I seem to recall somewhere seeing advice not to use wood screws, but drill the epoxy and use sheet metal screws to cut threads in the epoxy.

      Regards,

      Ken