      Turns out it was through-bolted. I rebedded with 4000 and tightened everything up. I was able to gain access to the backing nuts by lowering a section of headliner.

      Greg T

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 3, 2013, at 10:58 AM, "Ken Jenkins" <kjenk3@...> wrote:

      If you screw back into the solid epoxy plug resulting from the repair, what screws do you recommend? I seem to recall somewhere seeing advice not to use wood screws, but drill the epoxy and use sheet metal screws to cut threads in the epoxy.

      Regards,

      Ken

      From: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Martin
      Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 9:33 PM
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Re: Leak in cabin headliner

      The turning blocks on our 34II were screwed in. Since you have a leak there is probably rotted balsa core. I would carefully drill down without piercing the lower layer of glass, remove rotted balsa and fill with epoxy. That will stop the rot and give you a solid place for the screws.
      Cheers,
      Martin

      .

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic