44383RE: [SabreSailboat] Re: Leak in cabin headliner

  • JOHN CALLIS
    Aug 2 3:17 PM
      The turning blocks on by S34 MKII were though bolted.  I knew they were because my headliner had plugs in it to give access.

      If there are no plugs in the head liner below it then they are probably screwed in.  If they are leaking don't let it go.  There is balsa core there that will become compromised.

      If you have screws and want to go to through bolts that is an easy job, that I have done by sending a drill bit through to hole all the way down through the headliner.  Then go in the boat with a 1 inch hole saw, which is the size of the almost 100 plugs in my headliner for genoa tracks and winches etc.  Glen at Sabre can sell you the plugs.

      John
      S34 MKII

      On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 11:02 AM, JohnF wrote:

      Turning block on my mainsheet (a Sabre 34 MKII) was not through bolted, just screws.

      Sounds like butyl tape would be a quick & mess free bedding option for you.

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "THOMPSON, GREGORY" <gregory.thompson@...> wrote:

      > I have traced a leak to the deck-mounted turning blocks on our coach roof. Has anyone rebedded these and can you tell how they are attached? I am hesitant about the job creep that could be involved in removing a section of headliner, assuming they are through-bolted.
      > Greg T
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:01 AM, "David Allin" <sv.solitaire1@...<mailto:sv.solitaire1@...>> wrote:
      >

      > If it is not too much trouble I would love to see a picture of your tensioner.... It is something that our
      > alternator could certainly use as we have had belt slippage in the past. Our engine is a Westerbeke 55 A
      > with a Balmar 100 amp alternator.
      > Thanks very much.
      > David.
      >
      > --