44374Re: [SabreSailboat] Leak in cabin headliner

  • Carter Brey
    Aug 2, 2013

      Hi Greg-

      If you're describing factory-installed cheek blocks, I had a pair on my cabin roof. Schaeffer series 5, I think. They were simply screwed to the roof, not thru-bolted. They were bedded with grey butyl that after 25 years was still supple and sticky.
      Carter

      On Aug 2, 2013 9:23 AM, "THOMPSON, GREGORY" <gregory.thompson@...> wrote:

      I have traced a leak to the deck-mounted turning blocks on our coach roof. Has anyone rebedded these and can you tell how they are attached? I am hesitant about the job creep that could be involved in removing a section of headliner, assuming they are through-bolted.
      Greg T

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:01 AM, "David Allin" <sv.solitaire1@...> wrote:

      If it is not too much trouble I would love to see a picture of your tensioner....  It is something that our
      alternator could certainly use as we have had belt slippage in the past.  Our engine is a Westerbeke 55 A
      with a Balmar 100 amp alternator.
      Thanks very much.
      David.

      --