43844Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Engine dying/ fuel starvation

  • Jules Bender
    Jul 1, 2013
      Yes, there's a ball valve that is on the input side, if it's the same problem you can take the valve apart and clean out the gunk.....good luck....Jules

      On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Allison Lehman <allisonleh@...> wrote:

      Jules did you have a racor filter from the factory?

      Allison

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Jules Bender <julesbender@...> wrote:

      Allison, I had a similar problem about 5 years ago...in my case the problem was with the original oil water separator that came with the boat....the intake line  to the separator that came from the fuel tank had a one way valve and the valve was gunked up....I replaced the oil/water separator with better one and haven't had a problem since.....hope this helps....Jules

      On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Allison <allisonleh@...> wrote:

      Ok so we have been safely anchored and enjoying the hot weather and swimming but it is time to get down to business and figure out what is going on the the engine/fuel starvation.
      Has anyone with a 362 looked at their their fuel intake? The captain says it is very difficult to take the cover off and he doesn't think there is an inspection port on it. His big question is does the 362 have a screen on the uptake? Unlike a typical filter clog, our problem is intermittent. With a filter clog, usually once the engine shuts down it won't restart. When I posted last we were giving it a second chance and we got several hrs almost completely trouble free. A couple times the RPMs began to drop and he we to neutral immediately to take the load off and then he would rev it. It would work so we limped into our anchorage.

      We are now formulating a plan. First off we are 60 miles from home:-( so we are missing a lot of tools. We are thinking of trying to get the fuel polished first off. The replacing both filters and the wait and see. The one nagging thing is this whole screen thingy. Jules, Ray do you guys know it the factory installed a screen on the uptake? Any other 362ers please feel free to share your experiences.

      Allison

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "Allison" <allisonleh@...> wrote:

      > We are on our way to the Deltas for the 4th and after motoring for 6 hrs engine started dying. Fuel starvation. This after reading everyone posting about the fuel shut off valve and me reading abouut them thinking, well ours is just fine....NOT! Evidently after playing with the valve, all is well again, I hope!

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic