      Sent from Windows Mail

      From: John Kalinowski
      Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎June‎ ‎18‎, ‎2013 ‎10‎:‎43‎ ‎AM
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com

      Call support line on their web site and wait or better get into their web forum where they respond within hours

      1 thing to think about is how much effort is it worth?  The old stuff does not work with the new chart plotters and chart plotter/radar packages are selling cheap if you can get by without HD

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 18, 2013, at 10:04 AM, "Phil" <pj@...> wrote:

      Thanks Jim,
      My dome is 2KW & have already purchased a used replacement unit.
      I'd like to repair my broken unit to sell to recoup my costs & I'm an ex Navy radar/navigation technician, so I'm doing the
      troubleshooting myself. I have a good idea where the problem is,
      but there aren't any schematics available, so I'd like to at least know Raymarine's repair policies. I know these units are still
      supported, but it's difficult when they won't respond.

      Best Regards, Phil
      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Jim Starkey <jim@...> wrote:

      > If I remember correctly, that vintage of Raytheon/Raymarine radars were made by JRC (Japanese Radio Corporation). Raymarine and JRC subsequently had a messy divorce, and JRC cut off Raymarine's access to parts, which, not surprisingly, are hard to come by. You should check with Raymarine, but I doubt they will want to take it on.
      >
      > That said, there are gobs of scanners kicking around the web as working units are swapped out in favor of more modern gear. I'd look around for a replacement rather than paying someone to troubleshoot an elderly complex piece of gear.
      >
      > And, as it turns out, I have a scanner of that vintage in my attic. I'm off on a cruise, so I can't check the model number, but it was a Pathfinder 4kw 24" scanner. I won't be back for at least another week, so if you're in a hurry, better check elsewhere.
      >

      > On Jun 18, 2013, at 8:06 AM, "Phil" <pj@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Anyone have experience with Raytheon/Raymarine repair in Nashua?
      > > I have a broken SL-70 radar scanner & they don't seem to return phone calls or emails. I'd at least like to know their policy regarding the cost for a bench check or CB repair.
      > > Thanks,
      > > Phil Horn
      > > Scimitar
      > > S34 #67