43634Re: [SabreSailboat] Compass Replacement S 30 MK III

  • John Kalinowski
    Jun 18, 2013
      A lot of us mid 80s owners have models Ritchie no longer rebuilds

      Call before mailing it on

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 17, 2013, at 10:28 PM, Peter Tollini <sabre30@...> wrote:

      Kevin-
      Have a Ritchie authorized rebuilder do the compass. It will look and perform like new for @ $150.  You can paint the yellow base with Krylon Fusion paint (small $$) or get a stainless replacement from Edson (big$$).
      Pete

      On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Kevin <Khartz86@...> wrote:

      Good day,

      I hope everyone had a good weekend.

      We did, even though when I removed the compass cover I discovered all the fluid had drained out.

      Since I have been wanting to switch out the yellowed plastic mount with stainless I guess this is the time I will replace it all.

      What size compass is appropriate to fit in replacement of the old ritchie?

      Suggestions on style as well would be helpful, too. I have seen some with a full stainless cover and sliding door and some that are of the more open type like the old ritchie

      Are there differences in brands of compasses?

      Any other things to fix while I have it apart?

      Any tips or suggestions for those of you who have been down this road would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks for your time.

      Kevin

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic