      From: Ken Jenkins <kjenk3@...>
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:20 PM
      Subject: RE: [SabreSailboat] Re: Anchor bridle ideas?

      Harry is correct, although I had thought that the use of a bridle on a monohull was to weather cock the boat to the wind when wind and wave directions differ. I seem to recall that it is also supposed to have some effect in reducing sailing at anchor. I have never used a bridle on a monohull so I can’t comment on whether or not this is true. I will note that the cat really rode well to a bridle with virtually no sailing at anchor so we always used a bridle. Also, the windage is much lower on a cat when it is head to wind, so there was a lot less anchor load.
      Ken