41965Re: [SabreSailboat] Anchor bridle ideas?

  • Carter Brey
    Mar 7, 2013

      Why not put an Alpine butterfly loop in your rode just above the waterline? Then simply fasten the distal end of your snub or bridle to that with whatever you like-- a bowline, a buntline hitch, a becket hitch, an anchor bend, etc.

      Carter Brey
      S28-II Delphine
      City Island, NY

      On Mar 6, 2013 4:25 PM, "JohnF" <jl_folk@...> wrote:

      Any fresh ideas for making an anchor bridle?

      Typically we take a spare line and attach it to the nylon anchor rode with a kleimheist hitch or some fancy knot. I'd feel more comfortable with some kind of mechanical connection (gadget, caribiner, etc.) but these things only seem to be available for attachment to chain rodes. Has anyone come up with unique solutions or products I have overlooked?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic