41938Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: S32 ice box insulation

    Mar 6, 2013
      One way to avoid an unwanted ...Strike that.  OK, if you get foam, be sure that you get the type for sealing and insulating windows and doors.  It has much reduced expansion  specifically to avoid distorting (or breaking) window and door frames.
      Pete

      On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Jules Bender <julesbender@...> wrote:

      I did this on my boat pretty much as you said, but keep in mind the expanding foam does expand, I was fortunate it did not break thru the fiberglass, but my refrigerator looks like it's a little pregnant ...Jules Bender 362/110

      On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM, shorthandedsailor <mikecnewbury76@...> wrote:

      If you think there are any voids between your ice box and the hull you can use expaning foam to fill them and imnprove the insulation. I did this on one of my boats. You drill a series of holes through the ice box and regular intervals 6" to 8" then insert a small tube that comes with the foam canister and fill the voids. A little gell coat patch to repair the hole and you are done. It is a lot better than removing and rebuilding the ice box. If you can get access through the cabinets then you don't need to drillholes. Good luck. Mike S402 #37
      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "tpm1950" wrote:

      > Any way to upgrade ice box insulation on a 1985 classic layout S32? Or would it work good enough as is, if we add a small refrigeration unit? We want to add a Sea Frost or Adler Barbour that will mainly be run off shore power.
      > Thanks,
      > Tim

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic