41928Re: S32 ice box insulation

  • tpm1950
    Mar 5, 2013
      When I said I'd run unit mainly off shore power, I meant that I'd get a DC refrigeration unit and run in mainly when docked, with shore power charging the batteries. I'm meeting with yard next week to add a battery charger. Also want to hear what they say about a battery monitor. So this year I learn how long I can keep refrigerator on while sailing.
      Tim

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, jack horner <captbluwater@...> wrote:

      > I  run my 12 volt  frig unit all the time from the dock .  When i cruise my holding plate  gets 8 hours on in the day and off at nite  florida..  I have a 90 watt solar panel that keeps it charged during the day.  I have ice in a vertical ice cube tray
      >  2 house 31 AGM"S and a AGM start..85 watt alt and smart charger
      >  Lee S 28   Sandpiper/ Fla

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic