41925Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: S32 ice box insulation

  • Jules Bender
    Mar 5, 2013
      I did this on my boat pretty much as you said, but keep in mind the expanding foam does expand, I was fortunate it did not break thru the fiberglass, but my refrigerator looks like it's a little pregnant ...Jules Bender 362/110

      On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM, shorthandedsailor <mikecnewbury76@...> wrote:

      If you think there are any voids between your ice box and the hull you can use expaning foam to fill them and imnprove the insulation. I did this on one of my boats. You drill a series of holes through the ice box and regular intervals 6" to 8" then insert a small tube that comes with the foam canister and fill the voids. A little gell coat patch to repair the hole and you are done. It is a lot better than removing and rebuilding the ice box. If you can get access through the cabinets then you don't need to drillholes. Good luck. Mike S402 #37
      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "tpm1950" wrote:

      > Any way to upgrade ice box insulation on a 1985 classic layout S32? Or would it work good enough as is, if we add a small refrigeration unit? We want to add a Sea Frost or Adler Barbour that will mainly be run off shore power.
      > Thanks,
      > Tim

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic