41788Re: [SabreSailboat] Marine Plastic lumber i.e Starboard

  • Neil Russell
    Feb 23, 2013
      For anyone north of Boston, Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood NH has a very nice selection of woods,
      including teak and mahogany, but also some very nice cherry. They sell rough cut, and also smooth finished.

      $45 for  a 12" x 6' x 3/4" curly cherry board a couple weeks ago...

      "Whisper"
      S362-266
      Salem MA

      On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:16 AM, pbfein <pbfein@...> wrote:

      BTW - This is a great idea. I need to redo my panels and this is much simpler then trying to recreate the laminate over plywood construction for the same exact look.

      Peter

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "g_ingram" wrote:

      > I am looking for a local supplier of marine plastic lumber (Starboard, Kings Starboard). West Marine sells a product but it is very expensive. I am looking in the Woburn, Boston, Salem, Mass. area. I am looking for sizes 1/2 " 30x50 1/2" by 12x30. Colors white, black, seafoam. I thought someone at West Marine said there was a place in Somerville MA.
      > I will be building new panels to mount electronics. I have used this material before and it is very easy to cut and machine and it looks good. The West Marine prices are to high.
      >
      > Thanks
      > George

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic