41763Re: Marine Plastic lumber i.e Starboard

  • shorthandedsailor
    Feb 21, 2013
      For smaller situations you can substitute plastic cutting boards for starboard. It is really cheap but basically the same material. I have used it in a number of places for repairs and for shelving in the refigerator. Its worth a try. S 402 #37 Mike

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "g_ingram" <george-ingram@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for a local supplier of marine plastic lumber (Starboard, Kings Starboard). West Marine sells a product but it is very expensive. I am looking in the Woburn, Boston, Salem, Mass. area. I am looking for sizes 1/2 " 30x50 1/2" by 12x30. Colors white, black, seafoam. I thought someone at West Marine said there was a place in Somerville MA.
      > I will be building new panels to mount electronics. I have used this material before and it is very easy to cut and machine and it looks good. The West Marine prices are to high.
      >
      > Thanks
      > George

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic