      From: mhrutstein <mhrutstein@...>
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Re: Pulling the shaft, removing the coupling
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 9:28 PM

      Thanks, guys. I think I will try to slip a socket in between the transmission and coupling first. If that doesn't work then I will look around for something we can cut the shaft with, as Pete suggested.

      I've never cut a 1" stainless shaft before, but I did spend a week threading all of the silicon bronze bolts for a 30-ton schooner, and that was not much fun.

      Mike
      STBNL

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic