41359Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Pulling the shaft, removing the coupling

  • Dave Evans
    Jan 17, 2013
      That worked for me years ago, breathing PB Blaster on winter weekends.

      On 1/17/2013 8:00 PM, Jan wrote:

      Trying to recall one of the threads of years back, it seems like someone suggested placing an extra nut slightly smaller than the shaft between the split flanges and then using longer bolts to gradually tighten them equally should push the shaft out of the flange. I would suggest the liberal application of "loose juice" (50% acetone/50% brake fluid discussed here a few months back) would help this situation. Someone suggested heat- also good but be careful not to start a fire.

      Just my $0.02- Jan S38 MkI "Capriccio"

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, john kalinowski wrote:

      > search the notes for shaft + remove
      > There are lots of detailed adventures (note: I did not use the word FUN)  from many of us documented.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic