40805Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Jib Sheets

  • Richard Coerse
    Dec 8, 2012
      Sid,

      The port and starboard sheets are all one piece if line.

      Sid wrote:

      That looks cool, but I'm a bit confused. Dick. It seems that with two sheets attached, you would have 4 lines running thru the clew (two doubled loops), which either means a huge clew grommet, or very light sheets.

      Also, it is not clear how this method avoids KITS.

      Sid

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Richard Coerse <rcoerse@...> wrote:

      > I have used the "soft shackle" to attach jib sheets for several years
      > now and it really works well.
      >

      > Dick Coerse
      > "Early Light"
      > 1982 Sabre 34 MK I #160
      > Solomons, MD
      >

      > avatar30hawaii wrote:
      > >

      > > Aloha,
      > > At this
      > > site:http://sailing.about.com/od/equipmentgear/ss/softshacklehowto.htmyou
      > > can learn how to put a soft schackle on your jib sheets. It works great.
      > >
      > > Duke
      > >
      > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:Sabresailboat%40yahoogroups.com>, "Chas" <chodgmanjr@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I use the single line and cowhitch method, and far from sllipping,
      > > it takes several minutes with a marlinspike each fall to undo the lin!
      > > Charlie 1979 S34MkI #62 Pajama Girl.
      > > >
      > > > --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com

      > > trade-off. The splice seems best to solve "KITS" but presents the
      > > most time-consuming means of attaching and detaching the sheets. I
      > > like Dave's suggestion of seizing the line. It seems a fair
      > > trade-off between reduced "KITS" and additional work in attaching and
      > > detaching sheets. I'll consider it next time jibsheets need replacing.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic