40797Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: barrier coat

    Dec 7, 2012
      Two Interprotect tricks:
      Use a short nap rollller to minimize orange peel
      Alternate white and gray coats so you can see where you've painted

      Pete

      On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Mike <mikecnewbury76@...> wrote:

      I soda blasted the bottom of my Sabre 402 and then put on 6 coats of interprotect followed by two coats of antifouling. Its now 5 years old and except for one repeat antifouling it has been great. It is worth alternating colours of the paints so that when sanding you can see the thin spots. The hardest work was sanding the interprotect after to make a smooth bottom as it "orange peeled" on application. I think it well worth the cost an effort. Your bottom should be fine for years. Mike S 402 #37

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "mc1001@..." <mc1001@...> wrote:

      > A quick question about barrier coats: I am probably going to have my Sabre 36 soda blasted. Is it a missed opportunity not (because of expense) to get a barrier coat done too?
      > Any thoughts?
      >
      > Thanks, JM

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic