40774Re: [SabreSailboat] barrier coat

    Dec 5, 2012
      If you have the boat soda blasted and you refair (or have refaired) the strut and through hulls, a DIY barrier coat is literally just mixing & rolling on 6 coats, assuming your yard allows it.  Even though your 36 probably has a vinylester layer (86 & later), an epoxy barrier coat is a really good idea if you've gone to the time and expense of soda blasting.

      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM, mc1001@... <mc1001@...> wrote:

      A quick question about barrier coats: I am probably going to have my Sabre 36 soda blasted. Is it a missed opportunity not (because of expense) to get a barrier coat done too?
      Any thoughts?

      Thanks, JM

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic