3745Re: Buying S-28... Questions - cabin top

  • whbayles
    Jun 1 12:31 PM
      Sid.
      Suggest holding off on drilling cabin top until you sail to windward
      in 15 knots of apparent air speed. You will find that the windward
      deck that was flat/horizontal at the mooring is now in 15 knots of
      air on an anle of almost 20 degrees and that you cabin top to
      windward is much easier to walk on. Bill

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "sid wax" <sid_w@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks. New member here, in Newport, RI/ Looks like a great
      site.

      > Anyway, I am in the process of buying an S-28 II (1977). It is
      pretty
      > much basic, except for a Harken traveler, wheel, knot and depth.
      > expect I will adding various mods over the next few years. I will
      be
      > doing mostly daysailing, and going around the buoys on Wednesday
      > afternoons.
      >
      > I will have questions, especially, I am sure, about making it go
      fast,
      > but my current greates concern is the high curve of the cabintop.
      > Looks pretty easy to slide off. Does anyone else share this
      concern,
      > or am I worrying over nothing? I have been thinking of adding
      some
      > kind og slats on the cabin top to improve traction, but am
      concerned
      > about making holes in the top, especially since the slats will
      tend to
      > dam up water. Has anyone ever tackled this issue?
      >
      > Sid

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic