36109Re: Recommendation sought for awlgripping the hull - greater Boston area

  • marblehead2011
    Feb 1, 2012
      Thanks for the recommendation. I'm guessing that the $150/ft doesn't include prep work. Do you recall how much that cost in addition to the painting cost?

      thanks, Bob

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Jay Heihsel <heihjay@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Custom Fiberglass out hingham repainted our s34 about six years ago and still looks great! We went with dark green - it was a new color at the time.
      >
      > Cost - it was about $150 a foot
      >
      > Best
      > Jay
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:31 PM, "marblehead2011" <rryan14@...> wrote:
      >
      > > We are thinking about painting our hull dark blue/black on our 85 Sabre 36. The gelcoat isn't bad, but there are a couple of deep scratches that I don't think will come out without re-gelcoating a large section of the portside hull (the hull color is gray rather than white).
      > >
      > > My questions to this forum:
      > >
      > > 1. In the greater Boston area (the boat is in Marblehead), can any recommend a reputable company for painting?
      > >
      > > 2. If you have done this in the past, approximately how much did it cost you?
      > >
      > > 3. From your experience, would you recommend Awlgrip or other paints like Imron?
      > >
      > > There's a guy in Rockland, ME (Peter Johanson) that has an excellent reputation and facility - just far away. Maybe that is the route to go for the following winter season?
      > >
      > > Thanks as always,
      > >
      > > Bob

    • Show all 44 messages in this topic