35723Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Cowl Vents - 4" with a little extra work?

    Jan 3, 2012
      I did a little research and Marine Depot, Inc  www.marinedepot.us is an authorized Manship distributor.  They are/were Mariners Hardware and Bluewater Hardware's supplier.  They sell retail as well and seem to have a better rep for reliability.  Unfortunately, I don't see the low profile stainless vents on their site.  Maybe available with an inquiry.
      No endorsement here, as I haven't deallt with them, but before things went bad, MH was a pleasure to deal with.
      Pete

      On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM, carter.brey@... <carter.brey@...> wrote:

      I have the sheet stainless round cowl vent from Bluewater. The experience was not good. It looked to me like a guy in over his head. He finally got it right after weeks of misdirected or incorrect orders.

      -------- Original message -------- Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Cowl Vents - 4" with a little extra work? From: Scott To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com CC:

      I remember reports that Mariners Hardware was often noted for being a poor operation. Late and non-deliveries, hard to contact, etc.
      So, I thought I should google Blue Water Hardware and bbb to see what I get. The results were not good. Is Blue Water just a new name? Too bad, I like the product selection/ prices.

      Scott

      On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:49 PM, Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:

      I got them from the now defunct Mariners Hardware, but I found this site which has the same products.  They are made by Manship in Taiwan as are the stainless hatches and ports Sabre now uses.  Given the the state of the world for small maritime businesses, you should make contact with them before ordering anything. Another nice touch is choosing the inside color.

      Pete

      On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Ken Jenkins <kjenk3@...> wrote:

      Peter,

      Those look very nice, Where did you get them? A quick Google search didn’t turn up any Manship low profile vents.

      Also, I agree with vanbeckump that the size restrictions on the opening into the cabin are probably going to make the 4” vents not much better at airflow than the 3”.

      Regards, Ken