27383Re: [SabreSailboat] Sabre 30 Sea Trial and Survey

  • Antonio Pensa
    Nov 1, 2010
      The mast on the 30 is deck stepped. the thing to look for is any deformation in the cabin top indicating that the mast is creating a sag. look for staining on the interior of the hull indicating that there are leaks from the hull/deck bolts. Cabin top sag is a serious (deal breaker) problem, but tightening or replacing the bolts is not that bad.

      Tony
      Tashtego, S30 #51

      On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Leonard Bertaux <lbertaux@...> wrote:

      Kevin

      Have the mast pulled and the mast step inspected. Mast step rot is a common deficiency in older Sabres due to the failure to provide a secure drainage path from water that gets inside the mast.

      Len Bertaux
      Walkabout S38 MKII

      On Nov 1, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Kevin wrote:

      I am having a prepurchase survey and sea trial done on a 1986 Sabre 30. Any areas of concern that I or the surveyor should make sure to look at?

      Thanks in advance.

      Kevin

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic