27378Re: [SabreSailboat] Sabre 30 Sea Trial and Survey

    Nov 1, 2010
      Kevin,

      Check the usual places for all boats, core issues around fittings, leaking ports, leaking chainplates water in the rudder. While the 30 has a deck stepped mast, the bottom of the compression post can get wet and begin to rot, so check there. Also check the floor stringers, the bottom of the stringers were not well sealed and can get moisture in them, causing rot.

      Dave

      On Nov 1, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Leonard Bertaux wrote:

      Kevin

      Have the mast pulled and the mast step inspected. Mast step rot is a common deficiency in older Sabres due to the failure to provide a secure drainage path from water that gets inside the mast.

      Len Bertaux
      Walkabout S38 MKII

      On Nov 1, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Kevin wrote:

      I am having a prepurchase survey and sea trial done on a 1986 Sabre 30. Any areas of concern that I or the surveyor should make sure to look at?

      Thanks in advance.

      Kevin

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic