25647Re: [SabreSailboat] Tashmoo

  • Daniel Trainor
    Jul 1, 2010
      Nice!

      On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Carter Brey <carter.brey@...> wrote:

      Len,

      We're at anchor now in Lake Tashmoo. It was a phenomenal sail with a strong NW breeze down through Quick's Hole on a broad reach all the way to Gay Head, then a beam reach on port, single reef, all the way to Tashmoo with current assist. Very big rollers coming in straight from the Atlantic-- forgot to secure my sunshower on the sea hood and it went overboard on a particularly big swell.

      Okay, here's the skinny on depths that we saw. Keep
      In mind that we entered the lake a couple of hours before full high water. At the entrance there was a brief rise to 6.4, then it dropped off to an average of 8 for most of the cut. There was one place well inside the cut, near the second-to-last red nun, where it suddenly rose to 5.5.  You might squeak over that at full high water.

      It's very beautiful here.

      Best regards,
      Carter
      S28 mkII Delphine
      City Island, NY

      On Jul 1, 2010, at 5:53 AM, Leonard Bertaux <lbertaux@...> wrote:

      Good morning Carter

      Very windy up here on the North Shore as well - the kids are all in sailing class on 420's and had an exciting day.
      I plan on spending the week of the 10th in Tashmoo. No first hand reports but in a phone conversation with the Tisbury Harbormaster he reports the channel is dredged to 8' every other year. Last year was the most recent dredging. As we draw 6'-6" we'd appreciate a report with first hand knowledge.
      All the best.

      Len Bertaux
      Walkabout S38 MKII

      On Jul 1, 2010, at 5:45 AM, Carter Brey wrote:

      Hi y'all,

      Anyone have up-to-the minute information on the depth at the entrance
      to Lake Tashmoo? Delphine is planning to visit at the top of the tide
      today.

      Very windy here in Cuttyhunk yesterday and today.

      Social notes from all over:

      Passed a Sabre 32 motoring in the opposite direction yesterday morning
      as we headed out east from Block, probably off Newport. I was setting
      the pole on the foredeck and we waved to each other. Was that anyone
      here?

      The Sturteyvants' S38 is moored 100 feet away.

      Carter Brey
      S28 Delphine
      City Island, NY

      --