24863Re: whale gusher foot pump

  • mnthomas46@gmail.com
    May 1 9:41 PM
      On our 1987 34II the head's Whale pump can be removed by removing the two outer bolts and then sliding the closer two feet out from under the bolts. The feet are slotted to enable this. In our boat the fasteners are bolts with washers and a nut. It has proven impossible for me to get a wrench on the nuts but fortunately the nuts grab the plywood shelf well enough to allow tightening the bolts without holding the nut.I am familiar with this routine because the pump must be removed to allow servicing of the seacock.

      Martin

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

      > Brooks,
      >
      > Did you check the filter on the outlet tot to the water tank? Had a similar problem with the foot pump, pulled the hose from the tank and there is a filter screen in the outlet, it was clogged. A much shorter and easier repair.
      >
      > Now if some one has some ideas about removing the foot pump in the head, I'd be open to hearing them.
      >
      > Dave
      > S30 # 52 Identity Crisis
      > Oswego, NY/Lake Ontario
      >
      > On May 1, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Brooks Wright wrote:
      >
      > Went to pull out the foot pump under the galley sink and decided to seek help first. It's been sluggish and just wanted to take a look at it. After looking at a picture of it in a catalogue it appears that all four feet are screwed down. Any secrets to getting it out since there's no access to the side of the pump that's against the bulkhead?
      >
      > Brooks Wright
      > 1978 S34 MkI

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic