24861Re: [SabreSailboat] whale gusher and 3-way valve

    May 1, 2010
      Brooks,

      That was the same symptom I had. The pressure from my foot was enough to draw through the clogged filter, the spring return wasn't enough.

      Dave

      On May 1, 2010, at 5:20 PM, Brooks Wright wrote:

      The sluggishness is the actual foot lever itself. It pushes down but doesn't want to spring back up. Actual water flow is fine. The block that the pump is sitting on looks like it is glued to the hull. Have to check that again. My difficulty is in getting to the two feet against the bulkhead.

      BTW I recently had to replace the 3-way valve for switching tanks. Moeller had one that was close but not quite right but they are only wholesale so told me to go to The Evil Empir. Not only was it priced reasonably but it was the exact same valve that I was replacing. I think they bought the old stock from Tempo that Moeller acquired. Might want to go get one before they disappear as Moeller doesn't make an equivalent valve anymore.

      Thanks for your help
      Brooks