24848Re: [SabreSailboat] whale gusher foot pump

  • Carter Brey
    May 1, 2010

      I've removed and rebuilt my head foot pump twice. The only way I could get those lag bolts out was to use a small open-ended wrench and lots of patience.

      Carter Brey
      S28 Delphine
      City Island, NY

      On May 1, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Dave Lochner <davelochner@...> wrote:

      Did you check the filter on the outlet tot to the water tank?  Had a similar problem with the foot pump, pulled the hose from the tank and there is a filter screen in the outlet, it was clogged. A much shorter and easier repair.

      Now if some one has some ideas about removing the foot pump in the head, I'd be open to hearing them.

      S30 # 52 Identity Crisis
      Oswego, NY/Lake Ontario

      On May 1, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Brooks Wright wrote:

      Went to pull out the foot pump under the galley sink and decided to seek help first. It's been sluggish and just wanted to take a look at it. After looking at a picture of it in a catalogue it appears that all four feet are screwed down. Any secrets to getting it out since there's no access to the side of the pump that's against the bulkhead?
      Brooks Wright
      1978 S34 MkI

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic