24040Re: [SabreSailboat] Reefing lines size, Sabre 34-I

  • Mike Merriman (Verizon)
    Mar 1 4:50 AM
      even if you have 2 lines, they act independantly with only one taking the load at a time

      Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 7:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Reefing lines size, Sabre 34-I

      I have a single line reefing system  thanks to Carters Knowledge !  I used ball bearing blocks attached to the sail cringles and on the boom to lead the line
       to the spar and down to the collar blocks and on to the deck-house turning blocks to a rope clutch.
      I have two rope clutches one blue main halyard and one red reef lines together.
      Makes it easier to raise the sail from the cockpit with the help of a Anderson  2 speed winch on the cabin top ....
       Every time i use it I thank Carter for kicking my butt in to changing my old set up !!  Lee/ Fla  Tampa Bay