23184Re: Attention gearheads

  • smofishlaw
    Dec 4, 2009
      I had pretty much the same problem with my W27A. After consulting with a few mechanics who had me ready to tear the fuel system down, I spoke with a friend who has a good general knowldeg of all things mechanical and electronic. He quickly deduced that my glow plugs were non-functional-of course I did not beleive him, since I could hear the solenoid making noise and the voltage dropped when I hit the switch. Turns out the solenoid was opoperating, it just wasn't energizing the glow plugs. Now it starts in two revolutions and no smoke.
      The general rule is rule out all of the simple solutions first!
      My Bosch fuel injection manual claims 90% of fuel injection parts are unnecessarily repalced due to poor dianostics-what we call and Easter egg hunt!
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic