23161Re: [SabreSailboat] Attention gearheads

    Dec 1, 2009

      This summer when Identity Crisis finally hit the water, I was similarly greeted with hard starting and black smoke in quantities not seen since a 1950's truck stop. I put some diesel fuel treatment in the tank and gradually the smoke diminished. So, I'd go with some injector cleaner first.

      On Dec 1, 2009, at 6:11 AM, bruceheyman@... wrote:

      Sorry you weren't able to enjoy the boat much this summer. Assume you've changed the filter to make sure critters have set up house.
      Otherwise you are probably on the right track with the injectors.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Peter Tollini <pete@tollini. com>
      Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:37:52 -0500
      To: <Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Attention gearheads

      After a miserable summer and fall of non-sailing due to illnesses, weather and life in general, I found my W18 increasingly tough to start, with lots of cranking and black smoke.  When I got out, it wouldn't rev over 1500 and was pushing out plumes of black smoke.  I'm thinking dirty/leaky injectors.  Any other thoughts or sugggestions?
      S30 200

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic