22615Re: [SabreSailboat] Marine TV omnidirectional antenna

  • Aongus Flood
    Oct 2 5:19 AM

      I have a similar antenna on the top of my masthead.  I just acquired the boat like this.  The PO used it successfully to watch local broadcasts.  However, it was just analog broadcasts, he wasn't tuning ATSC or HD signals.

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM, John Coffey <jimmycrackhead2000@...> wrote:

      Thanks Pete, I do remember that. Had to go back to 2004 for the link.

      --- On Thu, 10/1/09, Peter Tollini <pete@...> wrote:

      From: Peter Tollini <pete@...>

      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Marine TV omnidirectional antenna
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 11:29 AM

      Dick Coerse made a cool rig to hoist a round antenna up the mast using the sail slot.  Obviously it only works with the main down.  Otherwise you're looking at a permanent mast mount, or an antenna pole behind the cockpit.

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM, John Coffey <jimmycrackhead2000@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      Thanks Bill but I really need the antenna for live feeds. I'm thinking about something like this antenna. Love Nexflix, not much into Hulu.