22020Re: Saloon double bunk S34-I

    Aug 6 5:02 AM
      Eureka! Wow, this was an incredibly hard problem, so very important, and the final answer was so very obvious!

      I went down to the boat again, convinced that you all were doing some good drugs (and not even sharing...) and opened it up again. Yes, I've already done this once or twice before. Then, like before, I kneeled amidships, facing aft, and peeked under the aft inboard corner. No leg. No hinges. Not even any holes. I was prepared to ask for pictures! Then, as I got up, I happened to look forward (remember how I'm kneeling there -- forward is over my shoulder). There it is, plain as day. Fortunately it wasn't a snake, and I didn't get bit! It's 2 feet forward and 6 inches farther in from the edge where I was looking.

      So, thanks to all that assured me it really was there, and giving me the encouragement to look one more time. Now, can we fix ALL of my problems this way?

      Thanks again,

      Harry

      --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, <jonathan.myers@...> wrote:

      > I see you've gotten some good answers, Harry, and only add that, once
      > you've unfolded the starboard bunk and its forward edge rests on the
      > bulkhead fiddle, the after/outer edge should be braced by a folding leg
      > which is hinged to drop down (once freed from its storage toggle).
      >

      > Jon
      >
      > S34 MkI #094
      >
      > Melusine
      >
      > Swan Creek