21968Re: Saloon double bunk S34-I

    Aug 1, 2009
      I just re-read my post, and I've confused myself! The boat has great condition upholstery throughout, but the forepeak (ONLY the forepeak) has no foam to go in it. All the rest of the bunks are complete, including all the parts for the saloon double bunk, which is why I want to use that bunk. Hope that clears things up a bit.

      If there is a leg there, is it a fold down thing? Or is it a separate piece that I have to find or make? I don't see any screw holes or other evidence on the underside of that corner.

      Thanks

      Harry

      , --- In Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com, "sailor11767" <HarryK@...> wrote:

      > I'm having troubles figuring out the double bunk in the MK1 S34. The bunk folds out fine, and I have all the cushions (interestingly, we have great condition upholstery, but no foam to go in it!. The problem is the aft corner is unsupported, and I can't find any evidence that anything ever existed there.
      >
      > This is kind of important, as the boat didn't come with cushions for the forepeak, and we're trying to get things together enough to move from daysails (they are great!) to overnights as soon as the oppressive summer heat goes away (say, Sept 1).
      >
      > Any 34 users have any idea (or pictures!) what holds that end up?
      >
      > Harry
      > S34-I #063
      > Annapolis

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic