      From: vanbeckump <vanbeckump@...>
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 10:08:14 PM
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Ultimate Sole

      I sprung for this stuff but haven't used it yet. I smell a rat though. Fist was the quart of Ultimate Sole "waterless cleaner" I bought for a price so high I have pushed it put of memory. The DSM or whatever you call the health sheet included states that it is >99% Naptha. Pretty expensive Naptha. The next suspicion is that the instructions say to wet sand the final coat of finish with 220 grit. I suspect that sanding gloss polyurethane with 220 might make it not so slippery too.

      Have I paid big bucks for a non-slip technique printed on a can of ordinary polyurethane?

      Peter van Beckum

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic