18596Re: [SabreSailboat] Re: Interior refinish file

  • R. Coerse
    Jan 1, 2009
      Jim,

      When I refinished the teak on Early Light I used satin varnish on all large surfaces and gloss on all the trim.  The basket weave doors received gloss on the frames and satin on the woven portion.  I found the key to the basket weave portion was to apply the satin with a very dry brush.  This will require a couple of extra coats, but I think the results are worth it.  I have attached a pic, but the photo really doesn't do it justice.

      Dick Coerse
      "Early Light"
      1982 Sabre 34  MK I  #160
      Solomons, MD