      From: Gib Metcalf <gibmetcalf@...>
      Subject: Re: [SabreSailboat] Head Seacock
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 7:47 AM

      which handle?  The Y-valve or the seacock?  If the latter, I couldn't figure out what the zip tie secures to since the handle is perpendicular to the hose when closed.  I guess I'll zip tie the Y valve.  That should be straightforward ... and easier to access than the wet locker.

      I got a mailing about the storage on Winter Island.  Problem is that they won't allow you to do any work on your boat over the winter.  Not very convenient.
      thanks.
      Gib

      john kalinowski wrote:

      put a zip tie on the handle in the closed position.
      Keep the rest of the bag somewhere else on the boat.
      If you want, you can call the harbormaster. Peter seems like a really nice guy.

      And as an aside, they are allowing winter storage near the harbormaster bldg.
      This is year is trailer only, but they are talking about boats on stands next year if this works out.

      From: Peter Tollini <pete@tollini. com>
      Subject: RE: [SabreSailboat] Cockpit Seacock Maintenance
      To: Sabresailboat@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 10:15 AM

      Mike –

      If the 34 MkII is similar to the 30 Mk III, you can clean out the port sail locker and then remove the engine access panel. At that point the other panel can come out by removing 3-4 Phillips wood screws.  That greatly simplified the task for me.

      I know that someone in this group has had the same problem that I am having now, I have a 1986 Sabre Mk II, 34 foot, The port side seacock apparently has had little maintenance performed on it by the POs. I was trying to clean it today, but I couldn't even reach the back of it to remove the nut. The seacock handle, I couldn't move because it was stuck. This subject seacock is between the steering housing compartment, the CNG locker and the fuel tank bulkhead. Has anyone found a easier way to remove this nut to clean this seacock. I was considering cutting an inspection hole in the bulkhead wall ( on the other side of the seacock) in the port deep cockpit locker to access the back of this seacock and to remove this nut. This inspection hole however would still be 12 inches away from the seacock. I can;t place this inspection hole any closer because of the fuel tank location

      Any suggestions?

      Mike

      Altomar II

      86 sabre MKII