      From: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Sims
      Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 12:58 AM
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SabreSailboat] Cockpit Seacock Maintenace

      I know that someone in this group has had the same problem that I am having now, I have a 1986 Sabre Mk II, 34 foot, The port side seacock apparently has had little maintenance performed on it by the POs. I was trying to clean it today, but I couldn't even reach the back of it to remove the nut. The seacock handle, I couldn't move because it was stuck. This subject seacock is between the steering housing compartment, the CNG locker and the fuel tank bulkhead. Has anyone found a easier way to remove this nut to clean this seacock. I was considering cutting an inspection hole in the bulkhead wall ( on the other side of the seacock) in the port deep cockpit locker to access the back of this seacock and to remove this nut. This inspection hole however would still be 12 inches away from the seacock. I can;t place this inspection hole any closer because of the fuel tank location

      Any suggestions?

      Mike

      Altomar II

      86 sabre MKII