      -----Original Message-----

      From: "Jan Meermans" <workshoe99@...>
      Subj: [SabreSailboat] Re: Boat Storage (So of Boston)
      Date: Sat Sep 1, 2007 5:18 am
      Size: 3K
      To: Sabresailboat@yahoogroups.com

      David,

      Ever since you posted the "blizzard" picture, I have been envious of
      your storage situation and have always wanted to ask this question.
      What is the process that you go through to get the boat in your
      driveway? Do you own your own trailer? Crane? Truck? Brother-in-laws
      truck/crane? Whatever you do, it must be cheaper than renting a spot
      in the storage yard somewhere for the Winter. I confess that I
      recently spent some time in my side yard/backyard measuring among the
      rose bushes to see if our Sabre would fit back there. I now need to
      check some crane lift charts to see what size crane could lift 16,000
      at 70' radius. Not sure the neighborhood would tolerate a 150 ton
      crane sitting in my driveway even for a few hours! All this because
      the waiting list for a 40' slip out here is YEARS! When we come back
      up from Mexico, not sure where we'll end up.

      Jan
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic