Ellen G. White & Divine Family quotes.

  • Stephen W. Kraner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hello forum,

      In a separate forum I was asked whether Ellen G. White has anything to say about my view that there is a Divine Family.  I thought I knew the answer.  It was my understanding that there is almost nothing from the pen of Ellen White relating feminine gender to things of heaven.  There is a little relative to "angel of mercy" statements.  But, regarding "Divine Family" I was wrong.  I got 181 hits on my Ellen G. White CD-ROM using the key words, "divine," "family" and "heaven*".  Here are a few statements.  Please respond on the

      First the Scripture:

      "14. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
       15 Of whom THE WHOLE FAMILY IN HEAVEN AND EARTH IS NAMED,"  Ephessians 3:14, 15.

      "31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
       32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."  Ephessians 5:31, 32.

      VERSE 32 EXPLAINS VERSE 31 AND ABOVE.  THUS:

      "31 For this cause shall MESSIAH his FATHER and MOTHER, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh."

      Here are the Ellen G. White texts:

           "We want the light of the glory of God to shine upon us. Paul says, "For
      this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." It is
      the Father who "so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that
      whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." "OF
      WHOM THE WHOLE FAMILY IN HEAVEN AND EARTH IS NAMED."
      THE FAMILY IS NAMED AFTER THE FATHER. Those who enter the
      heavenly mansions will have the NAME of
      the Father and the name of the city of God written in their foreheads. They
      will bear the divine superscription, and be partakers of the divine nature,
      having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust."
      Ellen G. White, Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, 07-19-1892.

      "The family is a DIVINE INSTITUTION, and
      parents should be wise, judicious teachers of their little ones. Children are
      to be patiently instructed, line upon line, and precept upon precept, here a
      little and there a little. They should be trained, educated, and disciplined
      until they become obedient to their parents, giving respect to their
      authority. In this way respect for divine authority will be implanted in
      their hearts, and the family training will be like a preparatory training for
      the FAMILY IN HEAVEN."  Ellen G. White,  Advent Review and Sabbath Herald,
      03-13-1894.

           "Is that all? No. The heavenly helpers are with you in your family. Those
      angels want that family [to be] a sample of the FAMILY IN HEAVEN. Those
      angels are at work to mold, to fashion, and to make every family after the
      DIVINE FAMILY. Well then, would it not be very poor policy to speak and act
      like sinners, to awaken an element in your family which will set them all at
      variance, and make them unhappy and miserable? But this work is done daily by
      unconverted men and women who claim to be followers of Christ. But God help
      us to be converted, that we may show forth the praises of Him who hath called
      us out of darkness into His marvelous light."  Ellen G. White, Sermons and Talks,
      page 201.

           "Every Christian family should illustrate to the world the power and
      excellence of Christian influence. God designs that every family on earth
      shall be a symbol of the FAMILY IN HEAVEN, and parents should realize their
      accountability to keep their homes free from every taint of moral evil.
      Fathers and mothers should teach the infant, the child, and the youth, of the
      love of Jesus. Let the first baby lispings be of Christ. The father, the
      priest of the family, if he is connected with God, will feel a divine charge
      to set himself apart to the grand and elevating work of saving the souls of
      his children."  Ellen G. White, Advent Review and Sabbath Herald,
      10-09-1900.

      "Children . . . should be trained, educated, and
      disciplined until they become obedient to their parents, giving
      respect to their authority. In this way respect for divine
      authority will be implanted in their hearts, and the family
      training will be like a preparatory training for the FAMILY
      IN HEAVEN. The training of childhood and youth should
      be of such a character that children will be prepared to
      take up their religious duties, and thus become fitted to
      enter into the courts above."  Ellen G. White, Child Guidance, page 224.

      "We must be preparing to become MEMBERS OF
      THE ROYAL FAMILY in the heavenly mansions Christ is preparing
      for every one who through the grace received will wear His yoke."
      Ellen G. White, Loma Linda Messages, page 148.

      THERE ARE MORE QUOTATIONS.  THESE ALSO, ASSERT THE DIVINE FAMILY.

      Sincerely,
      Stephen W. Kraner
      Proclaiming the Sabbath More Fully.