Remote Reset Project

  • Tyree, Mel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      Remote Reset Project

      Hi all,

      The Xantrex-built grid-tied GridTek10 inverter sold with the 10 kW Bergey turbine is poorly designed. Under windy conditions, it is prone to bus over-voltage conditions that results in the GridTek10 going off-line. The only recourse is to reset it manually by pressing the Reset Button. I got tired of trudging down to the basement to see if my inverter needs a manual reset. When I am away from home I can loose days or weeks of energy production. So I added a Remote Reset. This project isn't for everyone, but might be worth the effort if you have good electrical skills.

      Download publication R#39 from http://www.ualberta.ca/~mtyree/SWIEP/Publications.html

      Best regards,
      Mel

      Mel Tyree, BA PhD (Cantab.) LLD (h.c.) FRSC
      Professor
      Department of Renewable Resources
      444 Earth Sciences Building
      University of Alberta
      Edmonton, AB, Canada
      T6G 2E3
      780-492-5597 (Office)
      780-902-6771 (Home)
      518-594-3815 (Mobile)

    • Steven Woodcock
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
        Pretty neat Mel....thank you!

        Seems like this would be a natural for them to just add this, don't it?

        Steve