Corkscrew Sanctuary sat. 3/11

  • birder124247
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2006
      Hi,

      I went to Corkscrew Sanctuary on Sat. between 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
      Normally the afternoons can be quiet. But the birds were very
      active.
      I didn't see the goldfinches, but to see the male Painted Bunting
      feeding away was a great sight. He seemed to be throwing the
      corn to the ground of which the squirrels were searching for.
      Yellow crowned night heron on the nest, as well Red shoudered
      Hawks,and Pileated Woodpeckers were nesting Did see a couple of
      Carolina Wrens carring leaves to work on their nest. Here is a
      list for the day.

      Carolina Wrens
      Red Bellied Woodpeckers
      Yellow Bellied Sapscker [2]
      Pileated Woodpeckers
      Painted Bunting [MALE]
      Swallow-tailed Kite [3]
      Black Vultures
      Turkey Vultures
      Wood Storks
      Great Egret
      Little Blue Heron
      Yellow Crown Night Herons
      Black Crown Night Herons
      Limpkin [heard]
      Blue Jays
      Cardinals
      Common Grackles
      Gray Catbirds
      Barred Owl
      Mourning Dove
      Palm Warblers
      Yellow-rumped Warblers
      Northern Parulas
      Yellow-throated Warblers
      Great Crested Flycatchers
      White Ibis
      Blue-Headed Vireo 1[]
      White-eye Vireos
      Tree Swallows
      Tufted Titmouse
      Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
      Common Yellowthroats
      Eastern Phoebe
      Birded the collier land fill area in the morning and had two
      adult Bald Eagles and a immature, Hairy Woodpecker, Pine Warblers
      and the usual Vultures, fish crows, and Gulls.

      Ken Williams
      Naples