SRQ Bird Alert December 20, 2005 - Sarasota CBC

  • srqbirdalerts@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      Note: I would be happy to report the results of the other CBCs in the SRQ
      area (Manatee, Venice, Myakka SP and Peace River) if provided with the
      information.

      The following are the rare and interesting birds seen last Saturday, December
      17th in the Sarasota Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count (CBC):

      Redhead, Gadwall, Canvasback, Sora, King Rail, Marsh & Sedge Wrens, Stilt
      Sandpiper at the Celery Fields.

      Fulvous Whistling Duck in a pond in the Cedar Creek development off
      University Parkway.

      Ruddy Duck in Lake Osprey.

      Painted Bunting, hummer and House Finch in private yards

      Nashville Warbler in Arlington Park

      Yellow-throated Vireo in Newtown

      Lincoln’s Sparrow in Lakewood Ranch.

      Two scissor-tailed flycatchers on the southern end of Longboat Key near the
      Chart House

      38 white-winged doves flying about the north end of the Heritage Oaks Golf &
      County Club (on Bee Ridge Road Extension south of Bee Ridge Road and north of
      Clark Road - three miles east of I-75) for about 30 minutes, but they flew
      elsewhere.

      SRQ Bird Alerts is brought to you by Peter Rice in
      association with the Sarasota Audubon Society.
      Visit them at www.SarasotaAudubon.org

      Please send any bird alerts input for the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to:
      SRQbirdAlerts@...

      Should you NOT receive SRQ Bird Alerts for more than two weeks, you may need to
      re-subscribe by sending an E-mail to the address above. We encourage you to
      forward the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to others and to encourage others to
      subscribe to our bird alerts E-mail list.

      SW Florida bird watching related links that may be of interest:

      Manatee Audubon Society
      http://www.manateeaudubon.org/
      Venice Audubon Society
      www.veniceaudubon.org
      Caloosa Bird Club (Ft. Myers, FL)
      http://www.caloosabirdclub.org/
      Peace River Audubon (Charlotte County, Florida)
      http://www.peaceriveraudubon.org/
      SW Florida Birdline
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWFLBirdline/

      End of SRQ Bird Alert E-mail