SRQ Bird Alert December 11, 2005 - Whooping Crane Arrival

  • srqbirdalerts@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2005
      1. 12/11/05 - Whooping Crane Arrival

      The Whooping Cranes are currently two stops away from their arrival near
      Dunnellon. After talking with some of the crew last evening, it appears that they
      may be there Monday or Tuesday, weather depending of course. If you know
      anyone from the Sarasota Audubon group who might be interesting in going up for
      the arrival, would you please pass this info on to them. You may also share our
      phone number (379-3793) with them and we will give them any info we might get
      ahead of time. They can also follow the web site updates to get a better feel
      for the arrival date. www.operationmigration.org and click on "in the field"
      icon.

      From: ulrikson@... Forward by: Owen Comora Ocomora@...

      2. 12/9/05-- Vermilion Flycatcher, CR 858 Collier County. Observer: Vince
      Lucas. Directions: From North Naples area head East on CR 858 or CR 846.
      Flycatcher seen west side of CR 858 between12th &13th telephone pole from where CR 858
      makes right turn at the Correctional Facility. (DeLORME p.g 112) Flycatcher
      seen 100 yd. out in the cow pasture just past the Cabbage Palm.

      3. 11/9/05 (likely an error, likely ought to have been 12/9/05)-- 2 Eurasian
      Wigeons Eagle Lakes Park, Naples. Observer: Alan (mac) Murray. Directions:
      Take I-75 to Exit 101. Take SR 951 south (aka Isle of Capri Rd) about 8 miles to
      US-41 (aka Tamiami Trail), turn right. Park will be short distance on right.
      Walk out to the lakes/impoundments by going straight out past the buildings
      between soccer and ball fields. Wigeon seen right of gazebo.

      SRQ Bird Alerts is brought to you by Peter Rice in
      association with the Sarasota Audubon Society.
      Visit them at www.SarasotaAudubon.org

      Please send any bird alerts input for the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to:
      SRQbirdAlerts@...

      Should you NOT receive SRQ Bird Alerts for more than two weeks, you may need to
      re-subscribe by sending an E-mail to the address above. We encourage you to
      forward the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to others and to encourage others to
      subscribe to our bird alerts E-mail list.

      SW Florida bird watching related links that may be of interest:

      Manatee Audubon Society
      http://www.manateeaudubon.org/
      Venice Audubon Society
      www.veniceaudubon.org
      Caloosa Bird Club (Ft. Myers, FL)
      http://www.caloosabirdclub.org/
      Peace River Audubon (Charlotte County, Florida)
      http://www.peaceriveraudubon.org/
      SW Florida Birdline
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWFLBirdline/

      End of SRQ Bird Alert E-mail