Am Golden Plover & Other Goodies FWB

  • Alan Knothe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2005
      Hi Birders,
      I went to Ft. Walton Beach this last weekend to participate in the NAMC. My teams area was Okaloosa Island and we found several good birds. The AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER was found near the West Jetty. Other good birds near the jetty include Snowy Plover, Sandwich & Caspian Terns, Black Skimmer and a fly by Merlin. A Pair of GRAY KINGBIRDS were found at the marsh near the Destin Bridge. A PIPING PLOVER was found at the National Seashore. On the Par Three Golf Course we found a Great Horned Owl, a Peregrine Falcon, a Northern Waterthrush and 2 Prairie Warblers. It was a good day.
      Good Luck & Good Birding,
      Alan W. Knothe,
      The Birdman,
      Nature Tours by Alan