the brits are coming!!

  • paul matthews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2005
      hi all in sunny SW Florida.Those of you that read my posts earlier
      in the year will have seen that my family and I were hoping to visit
      your area on vacation again.We've booked now so will be Florida
      bound on October 27th,and then spending a week at sanibel arms west
      condo's from oct 28th.
      My reason for posting today is partly to ask if there are any
      organised field trips on Sanibel that week,that I might join.Due to
      family activities,I could probably only spend a few hours
      birding,rather than all day,but I'd like the opportunity to catch a
      few late migrants,or residents that I might normally miss,as a
      tourist!I usually manage a quick look around the lighthouse
      area,plus at least one look around Ding darling.
      Secondly,I'm into digiscoping,but have found my results to be rather
      disappointing,and struggle to get good focus.I'm therefore thinking
      of going to a digital slr camera with telephoto lens.Are there any
      good camera outlets in SW Florida,that might be "birder friendly".Or
      would I expect to get a better bargain if I looked at some of the
      outlet stores in Orlando,after we leave Sanibel?
      any other tips for a successful visit to sanibel around Halloween
      time are greatly received.many thanks
      Paul
      www.nutbags.co.uk