SRQ Bird non Alert August 30, 2005

  • srqbirdalerts@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005
      Cruise the Bahamas - January 8–12, 2006
      Sarasota Audubon Society

      Join fellow birders and their friends and families for a fabulous 4-night
      Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. Leave Sunday, January 8 at 8:00am from Sarasota,
      then on to Port Canaveral for a 4:30pm departure aboard the Carnival cruise
      ship Fantasy. We will enjoy wonderful meals, entertainment and shipboard
      activities as we sail to the sandy beaches and crystal clear waters of Freeport and
      Nassau—all within an informal atmosphere.

      We arrive in Freeport on Monday morning and will have all day to enjoy
      Freeport. For those who want to bird, we have arranged an optional birding trip with
      Kayak Nature Tours (no kayaking!). We will be picked up at the ship at 8:30am
      and return about 3:30pm, including a stop for lunch at a quaint seaside
      restaurant. We will be looking for as many of the 200 species of birds found in the
      Bahamas as possible. For those not wanting to bird, the Bahamas offers
      wonderful diving, snorkeling, beaches, and shopping or you can enjoy one of the
      optional trips sponsored by Carnival Cruise Lines.

      On Tuesday we arrive in Nassau for an overnight stay. We have arranged
      another optional birding trip presented by Carolyn Wardle, certified birding tour
      guide and president of the ornithogical group at the Bahamas National Trust. We
      will bird from 8:00am to 4:00pm with a picnic lunch at the Bahamas National
      Trust Retreat Gardens. Once again, we will be looking for birds such as the
      Black-faced Grassquit, Western Spindalis, Bananaquit, La Sagra’s Flycatcher,
      Bahama Woodstar, Greater Antillean Peewee, Red-legged Thrush and many more Bahamas
      species. Since we will be in Nassau overnight, you will have the evening to
      explore Nassau or enjoy the amenities of the ship.

      On Wednesday we will have time to share our experiences with others as we
      enjoy a relaxing day at sea. Thursday morning we will arrive in port and will
      return by bus to Sarasota at approximately 1pm.

      Price of the 4-night cruise (double occupancy):
      $449** per person inside cabin; $489** per
      person outside cabin

      **These prices include all port and government fees. Prices do not include on
      board tipping for dining steward, assistant steward and cabin steward.
      Suggested amount is $40 ($10 per day). Prices do not include personal expenses on
      board such as cocktails and gambling.

      Optional Birding Trips: $70 per person per day

      To guarantee the price and your spot, reservations must be received by
      September 1, 2005. Please complete the attached reservation form and return with
      your deposit. Checks should be made out to SAS. Final payment is due November 1,
      2005.

      Send reservations to: SAS Cruise, P.O. Box 15423, Sarasota, FL 34277

      For more information, contact Jeanne Dubi, (941) 355-1709; dubi@...

      SRQ Bird Alerts is brought to you by Peter Rice in
      association with the Sarasota Audubon Society.
      Visit them at www.SarasotaAudubon.org

      Please send any bird alerts input for the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to:
      SRQbirdAlerts@...

      Should you NOT receive SRQ Bird Alerts for more than two weeks, you may need to
      re-subscribe by sending an E-mail to the address above. We encourage you to
      forward the SRQ Bird Alerts E-mails to others and to encourage others to
      subscribe to our bird alerts E-mail list.

      SW Florida bird watching related links that may be of interest:

      Manatee Audubon Society
      http://www.manateeaudubon.org/
      Venice Audubon Society
      www.veniceaudubon.org
      Caloosa Bird Club (Ft. Myers, FL)
      http://www.caloosabirdclub.org/
      Peace River Audubon (Charlotte County, Florida)
      http://www.peaceriveraudubon.org/
      SW Florida Birdline
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWFLBirdline/

      End of SRQ Bird Alert E-mail