painted buntings at Sanibel lighthouse

  • mayhill10
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2005
      I had 2 painted buntings at the lighthouse on Mar 17 in between the
      storms in the morning. They were acting as a pair, but the male had
      no red, just the blue head, and the rest of the body like
      the "female" so I guess it was a young one. Couldn't find any
      pictures like it in my field guides. I was lucky enough to get a
      picture of the 2 together. I am not a subscriber to the other
      birdlist lines, and don't know if this would be of interest to one of
      them. If so, would someone please report it for me.thanks. Julie Long,
      (st.charles,ill)