unknown birds

  • GM
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      Group,
      I have posted in the photo section under unknown, two birds I cannot i.d.
      They are the last four pics. The one with the blue, it's breast is a muddled
      blue also. I am located in Ft Laud. Fl. These birds are coming in and
      feeding with painted buntings. Are these young painted buntings? Is the blue
      one a first year Indigo bunting? The color of the birds in the pics is a
      correct color. I will post much better pics in the coming days.
      Thanks,
      Ron Crandall
      Ft. Laud. Fl.

    • ginetmat
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
        I have posted in the photo section three much better pics of the fm
        painted bunting and what I think to be a first year male indigo
        bunting. They are the last three pics. The blue apears to be the
        color of a robins egg, not indigo.
      • ginetmat
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
          In the photo section under unknown birds there are three new photoes
          of birds I can't I.D. They are the last three photoes #7151, #7158
          and #7159. The larger bird comes in around three p.m. and feeds and
          fly's up until I leave the area around eleven p.m. Names of these
          birds would be appreciated and wether they are male or female or
          mono.
          Thanks
          Ron Crandall
        • Ron
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
            Group,
            I have posted pics of two birds in the photoes section I cannot i.d.
            Can someone help me. These birds came in to my feeding area together.
            They are half the size of the American house sparrow. They do not have
            conical bills but a more pointed bill. I could aproach to within six
            feet of these birds but at that time I didn't have the camera with me.
            The lighter colored bird was feeding on millet in the bougainvillia.
            These birds have been in the area for two days. If they stay I will
            set up a blind and get much better pics.
            Go to photoes,click on all albams, go to unknown birds and the last
            five pics are of the two birds.
            Thanks,
            Ron Crandall
            Ft. Laud. Fl.